The coaches’ December changes to our normal training schedule is linked below. Note that there are a few Meets in December, and some key dates to note are:
- New schedule starts on Mon 6/12/21: see red changes on the .pdf schedule on our training page
- GCSC fun Christmas gala Sun 12/12/21 1600-1815 (instead of normal training)
- Christmas closure for normal GCSC training: Thurs 23/12/21 – Mon 3/1/22 inclusive
There are some extra sessions planned over the festive break for county qualifiers: at Bath University on Weds 29/12/21 and Thurs 30/12/21 2-4pm (sign-up details have been sent out to members previously) and at GL1 on Sun 2/1/22 (details tbc).
Swimmer drop-offs and pick-ups
See our policies page for GCSC Changing Room and collection policy – please remind yourself about the details which are in place to ensure our swimmers’ safety. At session drop-off time, please follow these safety measures:
- Swimmers of primary school age: Primary school-aged children remain the responsibility of their parents before and after Club sessions. Please do not allow your children to go to poolside at any pool unless there is a GCSC coach in attendance. Our coaches often have to move between squads and venues, so please wait with your swimmers off poolside until a coach arrives to take the session.
- Swimmers of secondary school age: Please remind your swimmers not to go to poolside unless there is a coach or lifeguard in attendance. They should wait off poolside until a coach or lifeguard arrives.
Finally, well done to our swimmers who achieved their qualifying times for nationals and para nationals at Team Bath’s Level 2 Meet at Millfield this weekend. All your hard work has paid off – we are all very proud of you.
As always, any questions, do get in touch.
Kerry and Julie GCSC Communications Team