Gloucester City Swimming Club (GCSC) is seeking to appoint a land training coach to strengthen its coaching team.
Contract Type: Contract for service (renewable on a 12 month basis)
Qualifications: Level 2 Fitness Instructor
Working Hours: Part time – 7 hours per week, performed across 5 days
Fees: Negotiable based on experience
Closing Date: 12th August 2022
Role Start: 30th August 2022
GCSC was founded in 1910 and is the largest club in the North Gloucestershire area. It is based at the GL1 Leisure Centre in Gloucester and provides coaching to swimmers at different stages of development including swimmers with disability. It has a strong relationship with local colleges and universities. Over the years the club has produced county record holders, Regional, Home Nations and British swimmers including British Para National champions.
This role will provide the opportunity to coach swimmers across the club, from junior Swim-Skills groups through to the senior Train-To-Compete squads. Under the direction of the Head Coach, the Land Training Coach will support the coaching team in advancing the GCSC land training programme. The role holder will be responsible for providing a safe environment for children and young people and complying with Swim England’s Wavepower Guidance.
Essential Knowledge & Experience
- Hold a recognised strength and conditioning qualification – minimum of Level 2 Fitness Instructor
- Experience of working with children aged 8 to 18 years
- Knowledge of the LTAD and youth development model. A knowledge of swimming is not necessary.
- Evidence of developing athletes to fulfil individual potential with clear vision and strategies
- Experience of target setting with individual athletes
- Hold a relevant first aid qualification
Essential Abilities & Aptitudes
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Good awareness of Health & Safety practices and procedures
- Demonstrable commitment to encouraging diversity and equal opportunities
- Excellent communication, administration and organisational skills
- Good personal skills; able to develop productive relationships with swimmers, parents, GCSC committee and other partners.
- Evidence of continual professional development
- The post will require public liability insurance
Gloucester City Swim Club follows Swim England’s Wavepower guidance on safer recruitment. In addition to in-person interviews and questions relating to safeguarding and reference checking, the post will require an enhanced DBS check. The role holder will be expected to hold a current safeguarding certificate as set out by Swim England. Full details can be found at https://www.swimming.org/swimengland/wavepower-child-safeguarding-for-clubs/.
How to apply
Please send a covering letter and your CV to the email address below.
Contact email: email@example.com
Contact phone: 07909884797